Death of an Idol

Juice WRLD performing at Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN on June 15, 2019.

Olivia Kinney, Writer

Rapper Juice Wrld Dead or alive? Dead. He passed away on December 8, 2019, leaving fans extremely devastated and in complete shock. The killer being drugs and an on going addiction. 

The last steps taken by Juice Wrld took place at Chicago’s Midway Airport. After experiencing a seizure Juice Wrld moved to a nearby hospital and soon went into cardiac arrest. TMZ claims Juice Wrld may have swallowed Percocet pills on his plane ride so federal authorities wouldn’t find them when he arrived at the airport. Officers shockingly found 41 bags of marijuana in his luggage as well.

“It is very unexpected and sad,” said sophomore Hayden Haynes, upset about an artist he listens to frequently.

Pay close attention to the lyrics in the song “Legends” by Juice Wrld, “What’s the 27 club? We ain’t making it past 21.” Although he raps about the deaths of Lil Peep and XXXTentacion, dying early may have gone for him as well considering he died six days after his 21st birthday. 

“I feel saddened by the loss of Juice Wrld. He was an extremely big part of the rap community and losing someone that big is never easy,” said sophomore Justin Pressley. “I don’t think he is alive because you cannot fake a death and get away with it for this long.”

It might just be a coincidence, but Juice Wrld’s death falls on the same day as John Lennon’s. Taking a look at a certain lyric from Juice Wrld’s song “Legends”, makes the conspiracy more compelling. The lyrics “I feel like John Lennon”, sounds as if Juice Wrld predicted his death.

“Was his death planned? No, but it does raise some questions because he knew he had health problems but he still chooses to do weed and other drugs that ruin your mental state,” said sophomore Nathan Dolton.

Known for his high quality music, Juice Wrld picked up an incredible talent and produced hit songs “Lucid Dreams” and “All Girls Are The Same” and quickly gained fame. Juice Wrld often rapped about his battle of drug addiction in his songs. Not only did he share his struggle, but he helped others cope with their problems they face too, allowing them an escape.

“I wouldn’t say I feel sad because I have no emotional connection but I know some people did. He helped people through things with his music,” said Dolton. “I hope his family is recovering.”