BulldogBytes

Burchfield Park

Back to Article
Back to Article

Burchfield Park

James Muenzenmaier, A&E Editor

Now that the winter season is here, the memories of spending entire days  in the snow are returning to the minds of adults and children alike. This holiday season is the perfect time of year to revive old memories, or create new memories made in the enchanting boundaries of Ingham County’s own Burchfield Park. One of the park’s greatest strengths is the amount of things to do and recreational activities available. People are able to rent skis for Cross Country Ski and Ski Skate, one of the parks most popular activities during the winter, and a large and steep slope is used for sledding/tubing. Although the tobogganing hill in Burchfield Park has been closed due to lack of funding over the past few years, the tobogganing hill located at Hawk Island Park is functional with weather permitting. Another aspect is the park’s functionality year-round, as well as the Spring and Summer seasons. Courts made for Basketball to Volleyball can be found on the premises as well as areas designated to fishing, and only a few areas of the park prohibit dogs, as long as they are restrained by a six foot or shorter leash, and under the immediate control of a responsible person, they are permitted in several locations of the park. Meaning active pets will have a blast during any trip to Burchfield Park.

However, the park is not necessarily free for citizens to use. To effectively plan a trip to Burchfield Park, it is recommended that potential visitors visit the park’s website and plan according to various fees and rates. The year-round vehicle entry fee is Three dollars for Ingham County residents and Five dollars for non Ingham County residents. Hourly ski rates are 10$ per hour for adults, five dollars per hour for children (12 and under). Annual Passes are sold for 33$ and 42$ respectively. Rules and regulations are also an important component of the planning process, to ensure visits to this park will be as safe and enjoyable as possible. The official page of Burchfield Park on the Ingham County Parks website can be found here: http://pk.ingham.org/Parks/BurchfieldPark.aspx. Whether it is for a few hours, hour or half the day, a visit to the 540 acres of clean, peaceful woodlands will surely create meaningful and valuable memories.

About the Writer
James Muenzenmaier, Entertainment Section Editor

Hello there, my name is James, but

Don’t let that stop you from calling

Me whatever you feel like!

I am a Junior at Mason High School.

“When...