Mason Girls Varsity Basketball Falls to NorthWest

Austin McCoy, Writer

On Tuesday, December 12, the Mason Girls Varsity Basketball team took on a battle against Jackson NorthWest. Mason ended short of a victory, with a final score of 65-48.
It was a hard loss for Mason. Even with Doris Rhymes, Isabel Reemsnyder, and Katelyn Franks as the team’s top scorers, it wasn’t enough to top NorthWest. With this defeat, the Mason Girls Varsity Basketball team’s season record, falls to 0-2. They still have 18 games to move up on the leaderboards.
They came out strong in the first quarter, with Reemsnyder and Rhymes knocking down multiple three pointers and activating their new pick and rolls. “We pushed the ball up the court, and our shots went in most of the time,” said sophomore Isabel Reemsnyder. NorthWest came out hot on their feet, and with a strong defense. “Last night, I think we did really well. I think turnovers were a struggle for us, but I think we did good overall,” Rhymes said. Turnovers have been a struggle for the team so far this season, but they are looking to improve.
The team is looking to rally together for their first win against Lansing Eastern Quakers, whom they will play on December 14. “I think the outcome will be pretty good as long as we play as a team and work on our goals,” said Reemsnyder. The Mason girls have been amazing with teamwork, and communication. With Rhymes, Reemsnyder, and Franks leading the team, they are looking to execute a win.