BulldogBytes

Venom Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

Venom Review

James, Writer

The darker side of people comes out a little too much sometimes.

In the case of the latest Venom movie, this is most certainly true. Although this time around, Venom is not sharing the spotlight with his web-slinging counterpart Spiderman. The film follows the story of Eddie Brock (Played by Tom Hardy), an esteemed and professional reporter with a goal to bring down the CEO of the Life Foundation, a corrupt bioengineering company, Carlton Drake (Riz Ahmed). Drake’s main goal is to achieve symbiosis with extraterrestrial creatures called symbiotes, to allow the human race to live outside the boundaries of the Earth. Brock finds proof of this in the worst way. The symbiotes known as Venom unites with Brock, creating a malicious, deadly beast. Throughout the movie, the contrast between the two personalities is more than enough humor in this film, the quips from the rest of the cast is a very nice touch to the script of the film overall. A common complaint about this movie is its lack of focus, and how it tried to be “too many different things” and as enjoyable as this movie is, it is not anywhere near perfect. While Venom isn’t quite as action packed as other movies, it is very enjoyable if watched with an open mind.

Venom has a total runtime of 112 minutes (2 hours 20 minutes) and is rated PG-13. “#Venom is officially rated PG-13. Hearing from studio sources the reason is so that Venom and Spider-Man can face off at some point down the line. If the movie is R, it’s hard to do that.” Erik Davis, the managing editor of movie-ticketing website Fandango tweeted. This movie is definitely worth the hype it has been receiving, despite the drawbacks it presents.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Venom Review”

1. Tristan on October 12th, 2018 11:19 am

Very well said, I had the exact mindset after watching it. I wasn’t the greatest super hero movie ever, but it wasn’t the worst ever either.

2. Easton Chance on October 29th, 2018 11:12 am

i really liked the movie, When Eddie Brock (Tom hardy) first gets Venom from his homeless friend, which the corrupt bioengineering company captures, first off, the first encounters eddie and venom arent the best of friends, but at the end, they might of become the best of friends

3. Declan Cady on November 5th, 2018 9:48 am

Did you want to rate it? orrrrrrr…

Speak your mind, but any form of harassment, impersonation, trolling, or any other form of bullying used in a comment will be deleted and marked as spam. Anonymous comments or fake email addresses will be deleted and marked as spam as well.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Venom Review

A&E

The Grand Tour in Review

• Venom Review

A&E

Timeline of the MCU

• Venom Review

A&E

Aquaman Review

• Venom Review

A&E

Creed II Review

• Venom Review

A&E

Delta

• Venom Review

A&E

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review

• Venom Review

A&E

Live at Shawhaven Review

• Venom Review

A&E

Jack Black’s Star

• Venom Review

recent stories

3 Key to the Michigan State-Minnesota Game

• Venom Review

recent stories

Michigan State Basketball Avoids Major Upset

The Student News Site of Mason High School
Venom Review