BulldogBytes

Books To Boost Your Day

Back to Article
Back to Article

Books To Boost Your Day

Gwyneth, Page Design, Features

Whether you spent your summer laying down in a couch, playing video games, doing outdoor activities, a good book always helps you hang loose from all the tiresome work that the year brings. Here are a few must read books to jumpstart your Fall:

Young Adult Fiction: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter live in two worlds; a student in a lavishly suburban prep school by day, and a commoner in a poor neighborhood by night. Her world spun in turmoil after she witnessed the shooting of her best friend Khalil at the grasp of a police officer. Throughout the book, Carter goes on a journey of finding her own voice and learning to stand up for what she believes is right. The Hate U Give comes with a lot of strong emotions. This book is best for you if you want your heart to melt, cry, and laugh all at the same time.

Fantasy: Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

Criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker known as “Dirty Hands” is offered a chance to get rich beyond his wildest dreams. To achieve this, Kaz will need to cross over multiple deadly heist that could get him killed. But he can’t pull it off alone… Kaz needs a gang, a crew, he needs the deadliest people to ever live in the midst of the barrel. Six dangerous outcast. One impossible heist. Dirty hands went to see the work done. Exhilarating, thrilling, and exciting, reading this book will definitely keep you at your toes!

Fiction: Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch

In Love & Gelato, readers are introduced to Lina, a girl whose mother has recently passed away. Her mother’s dying wish is for Lina to get to know her father, and so she went to Italy. But when Lina came to the possession of her mother’s journal, her whole world changed. Lina uncovered a whole new side of her mother–one she might not know about. People comes to Italy for love and gelato, but something tells her that sometimes they discover so much more. Love & Gelato is full of mysteries, wonder, and adventures. Definitely a good read!

Mystery: The Girl Who Was Supposed To Die by April Henry

Katie found herself in a situation in a middle of the woods, with two men arguing over whether or not to kill her. She doesn’t know who she is, she doesn’t know where she is and why. But she knows one thing, she must run. In her captivating style, April Henry introduce us a nail-biting thriller involving a murder, secret identity and theft. A must read book if you like books that involves a lot of action and mystery.

Now get out there and fall into reading!

About the Writer
Gwyneth, Reporter

Hello readers, my name is Gwen and this is my first year at Mason High School. I consider myself as a quiet and reserved person. I love the outdoors and...