BulldogBytes

Jack Black’s Star

Mya, Writing/Editing

Two-time Golden Globe nominee and Grammy winner, Jack Black, received his very own Hollywood star on the walk of fame this September 18th. Many people may know him from movies like “School of Rock,” “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle,” “Kung Fu Panda,” or the newly released film, “The House with a Clock in its Walls.” Though a great actor, he is also a notable music artist, earning a Grammy for best metal performance in 2014 with his comedy rock duo, Tenacious D.

According to NBC, Black was quoted at the ceremony saying, “I’ve wanted one of these for so long,” he said. “Since I was a kid, I thought, ‘Oh man, if you get one of those stars on the sidewalk, that means you’ve made it.’ And I feel like I’ve finally grasped the sweet brass ring. And then the question, is where do we go now?”

After this, Black announced his coming retirement. “Seriously, it’s time to pass the torch to the Uzi Verts and the Lil Peeps and the Tommy and Sammy Blacks of the world.”

However, he then went on to say, “So I’m just going to do Jumanji 2, Kung Fu Panda – one more of those. Three more Tenacious D albums, and then I’m sorry but that is it. Then I retire.”

“Unless something really cool comes around. Like if a Jim Jarmusch comes a-knockin’, you know I gotta party with The Much! But then I will go right back into retirement. Daniel Day Lewis Style.”

About the Writer
Mya, Reporter

Hi! My name is Mya, and I’m excited to be on the news staff this tri. I enjoy reading, drawing, going to church, and playing clarinet in the Mason Band....